7.10.2007

zen in the art of chocolate chip-cashew-coconut cookie eating




I pile two, three, sometimes up to five cookies onto a sparsely patterned white paper towel that drapes delicately atop a corner-set triangular kitchen table. I pour a generous volume of ice-cold milk into a clear glass. Immediately, dewdrops perspire on the periphery of the glass, as warm summer air spills through an open window.

I sit down.

The walls in front of me are blank. The air behind and around me is still. My ears are at rest.

My fingertips are the first to experience the jumble of chocolate, cashew, and coconut in front of me. Titilated by the many textures - soft, rigid, coarse - my hand gladly shuttles a cookie to my mouth. A cashew collides with my bottom lip. Slightly salty. More slightly sweet. I bite, and I chew - slowly. Eyes closed. Mind open.

The homogenous medley of brown sugar, cinnamon, and molasses ricochet off of one another. Reverberated by the crunch of a cashew. Intensified by sweet toasted coconut. Made ethereal by dark velvety chocolate.

I'm at peace.

........................

zen. it is the art of being present. of having the mind focused on what it is actively doing... at peace with what is happening right now! it is not eating cookies while cleaning the stove. it is not eating while painting. and it is not eating cookies while writing a blog. ...shit.

i was in the zen of cookie eating at least once in my life... and i do recommend it!

No comments: