10.04.2007

Why I blog:


Have you ever been trapped in a box? A small box: measuring about 3 feet tall and 3 feet wide. And you were packed in so snugly, so tightly, that you rolled yourself into a ball and contorted your neck in so many 45-degree angles that your head just barely wedged itself into the only available corner. Packaging tape sealed the bulging seams; no air intruded or escaped. Have you ever been trapped in a box this tight?
Well, neither have I – at least not literally.
Although, at times in my life, my mind feels trapped in this way. Unable to move, to breathe, to loosen, or to express. Something prohibits it from communicating. The box does. The box barricades my thoughts from entering the minds of others. It is a metaphysical social detachment that’s origins and presence I cannot explain.
It is partially the face-to-face conversations that occur too fast to convey even slightly complex thoughts. Thoughts that wonder, that explain, and that feel.
Writing on a blog breaks me from the bounds of the tight and tightly packaged box. I deliberate on and materialize my ideas, and I free my mind from social exclusion by posting with confidence to the world (or at least to my three readers). And with such a communicative form, I am able to express, explain, and elaborate on thoughts that would previously be lost in the box’s interface. My mind then feels liberated, learned, cleansed, and at peace.
And I am no longer trapped in a box.

2 comments:

Biomed Tim said...

Please don't trifle the experiences of those who have indeed been trapped in boxes. My condolences go out to the circus contortionists, hapless younger siblings, and the illegal stowaways of the world. Hmph.

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks