1.31.2008

this one's for LCT


I love my thesis project, but I have a confession to make: I haven’t been very faithful to it. Throughout our 4-year relationship, I’ve gone behind its back, coquetting and fraternizing with many alluring alternatives. I leave, and I love.
…but I always come back. These affairs I’ve been having – learning a second language, painting, writing – all tempt me with their romance and beauty. But at the same time, I crave stability and solidity. And this, my thesis project, is to what I always return.
“You get out what you put in” a physicist once told me. He was right. My project expresses manifestations of betrayal, neglect, and misuse - exactly what I gave to it.
It’s now hard, having scarred the thesis, to want to go back to a full commitment – for the project does not present itself as it once did. But despite it’s pain, it continues to promise stimulation and fulfillment.
In our future, I foresee that there will be ups and there will be downs (forgive the platitude), but there will also be strength, and there will definitely be comfort. For this I am indebted and will be devoted.

No comments: